Diaper rashes are one of the most common problems that an infant can face. The rashes cause irritation and discomfort to babies. But before going deep, let’s answer the question:
What is a diaper rash?
The redness and irritation caused by diaper is known as the diaper rash. A diaper rash can make the skin red. So, it is right to take precautions and change diapers regularly.
As a parent of an infant, you know how difficult it is to handle them in this condition. Sometimes, you want to ease your baby’s discomfort at any cost. Here is where diaper rash creams come into play.
However, before you buy diaper rash cream online, it is vital to understand the causes of diaper rashes.
Here, we’ll tell you about the causes of diaper rashes and the benefits of using diaper rash creams.
Reasons for diaper rashes
- Wetness: A child’s skin tends to be sensitive and can quickly develop a rash, especially if wet diapers are left for long periods. Also, babies experience more diaper rashes during Diarrhea.
- Fitted diapers: A rash can appear if the diapers are too fitted or tight or if the diaper is rubbed against the skin.
- Changing of products: Sometimes, because of the baby’s sensitive skin, it is hard for them to adapt to new products like baby wipes, diapers, etc. So they might face rashes in the diaper area.
- Bacterial infection: Even a minor diaper rash can turn into a severe infection in no time. The area covered with a diaper is at high risk as it remains warm and moist, leading to bacterial or yeast infection. The rashes can be seen in the form of red dots.
- New foods: When babies start to have solid food, they experience changes in their digestive system, resulting in more frequent bowel movements. It enhances the chances of having a diaper rash. So, it is recommended for parents to change diapers more often.
- Sensitive Skin: Babies’ sensitive skin is more prone to eczema or seborrheic dermatitis, which can also be one of the reasons for diaper rashes.
What is a diaper rash cream?
The creams cure the rashes, creating protective shields between the diaper and the skin, helping cure rashes. It further eliminates the chances of rashes, even during bowel movements, without damaging the skin.
As per the studies by FMI, the diaper rash cream market can evaluate up to US$1,912.4 million in 2023; by 2033, it can reach US$3,297 million. Sales will likely increase at a CAGR of 5.6% from 2023 to 2033.
What are the Common ingredients in Diaper Rash cream?
- Zinc Oxide: It is one of the ingredients used in diaper rash cream, as zinc oxide creates a shield that protects babies’ skin.
- Petroleum Jelly: It helps to soothe the skin and protects the baby from moisture and discomfort.
- Lanolin: Lanolin prevents skin dryness, itching, or other irritation caused by diapers.
- Vitamins A and D: Vitamin A helps to soothe and protect the skin. On the other side, vitamin D can help to reduce inflammation and promote healing.
Benefits of diaper rash cream
Due to their sensitive skin, infants experience diaper rash. Using the correct diaper cream can provide multiple benefits :
- Heals Skin irritation: The diaper rash cream is beneficial in healing all types of infections on a baby’s skin. With the ingredients of rash creams, your baby’s skin will become free from irritation and redness.
- Heals dry skin: The diaper rash cream also affects dry skin. With the regular use of diapers, the baby’s skin becomes dry. The diaper rash cream is a boon in healing dry or chapped skin.
- Make a barrier: The ingredients, like zinc oxide, petroleum, etc., make a protective layer between the skin and the diaper. It helps to treat the rashes more effectively.
- Cure Redness and Itching: The creams also treat itchiness and redness on the baby’s skin. The creams help in keeping the baby’s skin rashes free.
- Moisturize and soften the skin: The diaper rash cream provides significant moisture. Also, it makes the skin more soft and smooth.
By following this guide, you have enough idea about diapering, diaper rash creams and the common ingredients in the cream ( zinc Oxide, Petroleum Jelly, and Vitamins A and D). The rash creams with these ingredients are beneficial for curing skin irritation and redness, moisturizing the skin, etc.
When buying an online diaper rash cream or offline for a baby, always remember to buy it from a reputable store and trusted source.
Diaper rash creams are the secret to your child’s rash-free skin!