In the past years, you needed to walk to the bank to apply for a credit card. Today, applying for one is incredibly straightforward. All you need is an internet connection. If you have that, you can apply for a credit card online.
Step to Apply Credit Card Online
Applying for a credit card online is as easy as booking a movie ticket online. Here are the steps:
- Visit the bank’s website.
- Take a look at the credit cards offered by the bank.
- If the bank has, use the comparison tool to see how each card compares to the other.
- Select the credit card that is suitable for you.
- Upload all necessary documents after fill in the required details.
- Submit your form.
Eligibility For Applying For Credit Card
Thinking about whether you are eligible for a credit card? Look at the eligibility criteria for Credit cards. Do remember however that relying upon the sort of card you are applying for and the giving bank, the criteria may changes.
Here are the general eligibility criteria:
- Age: You should be at least 18 years old. In some cases, the minimum age to apply for a credit card is 21 years.
- Nationality: You should be a citizen of India or a non-resident Indian (some banks extend credit cards to NRIs).
- Income: Most banks will require you to meet their minimum income requirements before they approve your card application.
- Credit score: A good CIBIL score, with no history of default goes a long way in making sure that your credit card application is approved.
- Employment status: You have to either be salaried or self-employed and have a steady source of income.