Apply to get Tatkal Marriage Certificate Online
Marriage Registration is a crucial thing that validates a wedding officially. A marriage can be registered under the Hindu Marriage Act 1955 or else under the Special Marriage Act 1954.
The certificate of Marriage Registration is an important document that legalizes one’s marriage in front of the law.
As per the new rule, it becomes compulsory to register your marriage which you can easily. So here are the steps for marriage registration-
- Submit your application form at the Marriage Registration office filling all the essential details.
- Along with the form submit your necessary documents
2.1 Documents Required for marriage registration are as follows-
- Application Form
- Id Proof- 10th Class Marksheet, Passport or Birth Certificate
- One Address Proof
- 2 Passport Size Photographs.
- One Marriage Photograph
- Invitation Card of your marriage
- A witness with a valid PAN and Aadhaar Card.
- A compulsory Divorce Decree or the death certificate of the partner in case it is a second marriage.
- Wait for the court to verify all this document, and make sure that all the documents are up to the mark and updated.
- The registration of the marriage should take place at least in front of one witness.
- If everything is done correctly and registration goes right then you will get the certificate soon.
How to Register Online for a Marriage Certificate?
It is not a tough job to register a marriage certificate online, get free from unnecessary hassle and travel and register easily just by sitting at one place. The steps you need to take care of are as follows-
- Open the state government official site in which you live.
- Check the website and see the form that is related to the marriage certificate and is required to get one.
- Fill the details of you and your spouse as it is asked in the form.
- Click and submit the marriage registration form by filling all the details.
You will be summoned by the particular marriage registrar after all the formalities are completed on decided particular time and date. Just make sure you have to be there in the office for completion of all the formalities. You will get your appointment after 15 days in case of Hindu Marriage Act and nearby 60 days in the special marriage act.
Where to Register?
Now this question is the most common one that people doubt about such a marriage can be registered either online or in person. The certificate of marriage is available in most cities of the country. You need to follow a simple step and open the government’s website. After all the formalities are done, you will be called for an appointment with the registrar who will verify all your documents and confirm everything.
In case you are not comfortable with the online procedure, you can go with the offline registration procedure by visiting the sub-registrar office.
Things to be taken care of while Registering Your Marriage
There are alot of things that you should keep in mind while registering your marriage-
- Religious Beliefs-
It depends on the religion you follow that will lead to registering your marriage. If your spouse is Hindu, Sikh, Buddhist or Jain, then you can register your marriage under the Hindu Marriage Act.
- Time Limit-
Time Limit plays a crucial role in registering your marriage, it is advised to get the registration done within 30 days of your marriage, and if that delays it then you need to pay a mandatory fine of Rs 5 per day after every extra day passes on.