Any American homeowner loves the space in their garage. This is not only an area to place the vehicle, but rather to put anything that’s convenient, such as a screwdriver, generator, carpet, gardening tools, wooden cutters, and other items. That is a storeroom for tools, too.
However, since certain useful things can go to the garage, eliminating clutter in areas has been almost impossible. The DIY garage storage would indeed help you manage your workshop and make it easier for you to locate your equipment and materials. Now follow us here in the means of adding this excellent piece completed while we guide you through.
Floating Garage Shelves Do-It-Your-Own
Who will not adore having orderly floating shelves that your things can be kept safe? And also, DIY garage shelves are the right solution if you want to make more space for massive objects. People will optimize the storage room on the walls and best utilize the garage floor area with these great garage shelves.
A peculiar sort of shelves, though, are indeed the floating garage shelves. The material is made of wood and is screwed directly to the wall, which depends on what you’d like to put on it. With this design, you would recommend that you use Hardwood because it is safer and durable.
First, you need to decide what kind of wood you will use. You may use wood-plywood, Hardwood, and softwood must also be specified. The best and most expensive is Hardwood. Then you’ll have to identify the materials you have to use while hanging wood on a wall. You must consider the items you will store there to quickly determine the type of wood.
Plan and Measure
This is helpful if you calculate its dimension for your storage, utilizing the tape measure before you initiate. Its distance between the first shelf and also the ceiling will start at the top and space maybe 12 inches, or at most. It depends solely on your selection of what you’d like to bring up there.
If you opt for floating shelves, it is expected that you will only store lighter stuff on top of either groceries or spices. For the bottom part, you can utilize this for heavier stuff such as appliances like a microwave oven, coffee maker, etc. It is indeed a life-saver to have your own floating shelves, especially in the kitchen area where it is more cluttered.
Everything we encourage you to do is provide an exact distance here between the ceiling and first shelves. If you also know the precise dimensions of your space, you will be able to make room for another storage that you can utilize. Also, planning it very well will surely make your DIY floating shelves a great one.
Step-by-Step Construction Of The Floating Shelf
- You can finally start now with making your shelf after choosing the material of the wood and planning it. Divide and cut through the wood with the help of a handsaw. Make sure that you stick to the plan and measurement.
- Instill the self-ledger by placing a 2×4 marked directly on the wall. Screw the two ends and hold them against the wall for more sturdy construction of your shelf.
- You need to screw every stud and cut 2×4 five pieces of the screw. Screws are much more reliable than nails, as they will really hold it and much safer to use.
- You may now start putting screws in the wood. If you want to make partitions, you may screw a 2×4.
- Finally, you’re done creating your DIY floating shelf and now ready to store some stuff. But you may also paint it based on the desired color. If you want minimalist-looking shelves to stick with the color white or light brown.
Storage shelves often help to eliminate some space by creating garage shelves. The astonishing thing is, from beginning to end, you can design this shelf on your own. Well, space-smart garage storage can be designed to subdue your own supplies and equipment or keep the garage from appearing like a clutter drop-zone.
Doing it on your own will most likely help you achieve the plans you have in mind. DIY does not mean it is also less expensive; you need to invest in tools too, which are much more costly than the materials alone. Well, it is more fun and exciting when DIY. We hope this article helps you out on your next DIY project.