Does your Epson printer print black pages? This is the most common glitch any Epson printing unit faces after an excess usage. There could be an issue with internal hardware components such as a clogged printhead or a faulty cartridge. Any software issue could also be the reason affecting the functionality of the printer.
We have created this post to help our users understand the main reason behind, thus providing the best possible solution for it.
Why My Epson Printer Keeps Printing Blank Pages?
To answer your Epson Printer Printing Blank Pages query, here are some common causes behind it:
- Clogged nozzle or printhead – Users may have not used the printer for a time. It leads to a drip up ink settling at the print nozzles, thus clogging the printhead. All you need to do is unclog the print nozzles by cleaning them manually. In such a case, turn the printer on, clean the printhead, and remove the cartridge from the printer.
- Empty Ink Cartridge – Always ensure that your ink cartridge is not completely empty. You can easily check that by using the menu button on the printer. It would be mentioned as ‘Ink Levels’ or ‘Print Quality’. On some Epson models, users can simply assess ink levels via in-built indicators. If the ink levels are found to be at an extremely scarce level, then your Epson printer keeps printing blank pages.
- Incorrect Paper Size – Your must have changed the print dimension settings for customized printing, but later forget to change to its default dimensions. It confuses the printer thus leads to ‘Epson printing blank pages’ error. Users must always check the page settings before giving any print command.
- Issues with cartridge installation – A faulty installation of the cartridge commonly leads to any Epson printer printing blank pages. Such a problem appears post-installation of a new cartridge. A user could commit a common mistake by not removing the protective cover or film on the cartridge before inserting it into the printer. Firstly, take your cartridge out and pull the protective sheet. Based on your cartridge type, the protective tape could be of different color and location.
- Corrupt printer drivers – If your Epson printer keeps printing blank pages chances are your Epson printer is running on an old version or outdated print drivers. An outdated driver could mess up with the print command. All you need to install the latest updates via the Control panel or visiting the Epson support website.
Besides, there could be numerous reasons that lead to the Epson printer printing blank pages issue. Users might encounter the same issue due to any minor glitches. Therefore, it is always recommended to check for certain things before resolving the issue. Such as :
- The printer should be kept on a flat or stable surface as a slight tilt could lead to printing issues.
- Always pull off the colored tape from the ink cartridge at the time of installation.
- Check the paper size, layout, and other print settings before printing.
- Replace an old ink cartridge with a new one to avoid any printing issues.
- Always use the print paper of good quality which fulfills the product specification.
- Before printing, always check if there are enough sheets available in the paper tray.
Ways To Resolve – ‘Printing Blank Pages Epson Problem’
If any user is experiencing ‘print blank pages’ issue on their Epson printers, here is the step by step guide to solve the problem.
Step # 1 – Turn on Skip Blank Page Feature
To get rid of the Epson printer printing blank pages problem, users can try to enable the skip blank page feature on their Epson printer. Follow these steps :
For Windows users:
- Go to the Control Panel.
- In the ‘Printers and Hardware’ section, click to select ‘printer and scanner’ under the device section.
- Right-click on your Epson printer icon and press the printer preference option.
- Choose the maintenance tab and push the extended settings button.
- Click on the Skip Blank Page checkbox and then click on OK.
For Mac users:
- Open the system preference window on your MacBook PC.
- Click to choose the print & scan option.
- Select your Epson model and click on the options & supplies button.
- From the top menu click on the options tab.
- Turn on the Skip Blank page and click on Ok.
Step # 2 – Assess the Ink Levels
To overcome the ‘Epson printing blank pages’ problem, always ensure that a cartridge must have enough ink to support printing tasks. To check the ink levels, do the following :
- On the printer’s control panel, go to the maintenance tab.
- Push the Epson status monitor button.
- Now push the Approximate Ink Levels button to assess the real-time ink levels on your cartridge.
If any user getting printing blank pages on Epson XP 410 or Epson XP 430 printer model, it could be an empty color cartridge. It causes your Epson printer keeps printing blank pages even if you are commanding your Epson printer to deliver black and white documents. Always note that a little amount of colored ink is required to keep the printheads in function.
Step # 3 – Clean the clogged printhead or nozzle
A clogged printhead or nozzle may affect the functionality of the printer thus lead to Epson printer printing blank pages. If you’re using the printer after a hiatus, the available ink in the cartridge may dried up thus reducing the width of the nozzle. It makes the spilling of ink at a reduced rate leading to a ‘print blank page’ issue. Epson printers have an in-built feature to clean the printhead, you can use it at regular intervals to resolve the issue. Do the following :
- Press the Home button on the printer and select setup, then tap on the Maintenance option.
- Tap to select the Printhead Nozzle Check.
- Your printer will auto-run a diagnosis by printing a test page with four colored grids designed to illustrate which nozzles are clogged.
- If there are gaps mentioned in the grids, it’s time to select the ‘Clean the printhead’ and continue. Please ensure while cleaning the printhead, do not turn off your printer.
It takes at least two cycles to clean the printheads. Allow your printer to rest for at least 6 hours after one cycle, as recommended by Epson.
Step # 4 – Update Printer Driver
After cleaning up the blocked printhead, if the ‘Epson printer printing blank pages’ problem still persists, then you may be using an outdated version of a printer driver. Epson printers required updated drivers to function properly. Follow these steps :
- Visit the Epson printer support website and search for your printing unit currently used.
- Once you will the driver in relevance to your model, click Download to get the latest printer driver version.
- Install the correct version of your printer’s drivers that were missing or outdated on your system.
- Reboot the printer as well system to save the latest configuration.
- Print a test page to see if it is working well.
What If My HP Printer Is Printing Blank Pages?
If your HP printer printing blank pages, you can still count on us. Also, for any brand of printer, you are using currently let us know where you’re stuck. Our support team will leave no stone unturned in providing you the best possible resolution for all your printing devices.
Give us an opportunity to help you out by dropping your queries in the comment section below.