Top brands in the fashion industry follow the best practices while using Instagram as their marketing platform. Ideally, there is no magic formula that will bring success to you overnight. It is how you will plan and execute your strategy, how devoted you are towards it, and the quality of content that you share on Instagram that will ensure success.
As you may know that:
- There are more than 95 million photos shared on Instagram, every day and
- These are seen by over a billion users worldwide.
This means that there is a high chance that your post will be lost in the crowd if it is not exceptional in the truest sense. You will need a different set of skill to develop Instagram posts which is much different from creating editorial content for your website because:
- Instagram is all about imagery, and it is only when this is done right, you will find it easier to drive more traffic towards your fashion site.
- The users are also more knowledgeable now and want better content more frequently in less time.
Therefore, apart from using the best technologies available to create your Instagram posts, you will also need to know and follow the best practices to grab their attention within a matter of a few seconds.
Mix ready-to-use templates and other formats
The good thing about Instagram is that it comes with a lot of useful tools and features. This means that you do not need to be a professional photographer or an expert Photoshop user to create your Instagram posts for your fashion brand. You can create some of the most beautiful and appealing posts on Instagram by using the ready-to-use templates. You will get different types of such templates including:
- One for creating posts to promote any special offer
- One to create posts to announce a new product launch
- One for announcing new opening times and more.
Irrespective of the type of message you want to send across, these templates will make your work much easier. You can also use a different variety of such templates, such as a plain or textured background.
You can even increase the level of engagement within your community when you mix it up with other formats. These formats include:
- A carousel post in which you can share up to ten photos at a time. This will make your post look more like a photo album.
- A 60-second long video of your product, a demonstration, or a short tutorial is also an excellent way to increase engagement among the users.
Just make sure that you are not very pushy to make a sale and add variety to the theme of your content to maintain a proper balance.
If you follow the ways experts like Blastup do, you may go a step forward and create GIFs.
Components of your strategy
There are a few critical elements in your Instagram marketing strategy to ensure that you reach the right audience and get higher traffic to your fashion site.
- Know when you should post on Instagram and how often you should do so. You will need to post regularly to stay consistent, but at the same time, you must make sure that you do not overwhelm your followers with a large number of posts. Find out the best time to post by trying different time intervals and check the outcome. Stick to the most suitable times and maintain a content calendar so that you keep track of it and do not miss out.
- Try different themes for your content to keep things interesting for the users. This will also help you to achieve your goals, increase brand awareness, and attract new users. You can include stories, contests, and others to your primary content themes.
- Follow a specific style to create a better brand value for your fashion product. You can try different styles by using emojis in the captions, hashtags, or photos. It all depends on how exactly you want you to be seen by the users and to make your brand consistent and distinct.
Lastly, you must have specific engagement guidelines for your brand to interact with other Instagram accounts.
Your goals and purpose
Defining your business objectives and purpose on the Instagram platform is another practice that you should follow. You must know the specific reason to be on Instagram in the first place. It could be for:
- Generating leads
- Creating brand awareness or
- Building your community.
These goals will help you to determine the type of content you should post on this platform, as well as the time and effort you should spend on it. In other words, your goals will determine the ROI from this platform.
Follow some of your favorite brands as well as your competitors to find out how they set their goals and interact with their customers. Do not worry about your creative freedom while determining your goals because this platform will provide you with a lot of it.
Stick to lifestyle and seasonal promotions
One of the best practices followed by the fashion brands on Instagram is to stick to the specific lifestyle that they are selling. In addition to that, they also focus on making seasonal promotions and offers. You can do these very easily when you have a proper planning tool to use all through the grid.
Your content themes and your marketing strategy will differ from the type of product you want to sell. If you are into selling clothes, it will be different from that if you are selling designer shoes, watches, or other accessories.
Create a visual identity
In this regard, the golden rule to follow is:
When it comes to promoting fashion products on Instagram, you must keep in mind that people are certainly not going to buy what you are selling, but they are interested in who they will become when they use your product.
Therefore, create a visual identity board by keeping things simple and following your specific style guide. You can use an amalgamation of dialogues through images, videos, or even GIFs.