The town is a pilgrimage centre situated on the banks of the river Yamuna that invite more devotees every year. It is just 13 km far from Mathura. Visitors should know the details of interesting places in detail before making a trip. In addition, the town hosts many cultural festivals that attract more people from various country and local too. There are about 4000 temples located in Vrindavan allowing tourists to plan a holy trip accordingly.
At the same time, it is necessary to find the best hotels in Vrindavan before scheduling a trip that can help to make it a memorable one in life. They are an ideal one for those who want to plan their trip with family members and others. Moreover, they provide methods to avoid discomforts and other problems on a trip to witness complete satisfaction.
Important places to visit in Vrindavan
1. Banke Bihari Mandir
Shri Banke Bihari Mandir is a famous temple in Vrindavan mainly built for Lord Krishna in the form of a child. Visitors can see the idol of Krishna in Tribanga standing positions. The temple built with Rajasthani handicraft styles with arched windows and meticulous stone works. Moreover, the temple has no bells or conchs because authorities believe that God doesn’t like sounds. Tourists can get an eternal bliss and peace of mind after visiting the temple.
2. Radha Raman Temple
Radha Raman Temple is one of the contemporary temple of Hindu in Vrindavan built. There is a belief that the god himself gives pleasure to Radha as visitors can see only a crown kept next to Krishna. The temple is a famous one among devotees who are the followers of Gaudiya Vaishnavism.
3. Sri Ranganatha Temple
Sri Ranganatha Temple is the largest one in Vrindavan dedicated to Lord Vishnu and his consort, Lakshmi. In fact, the temple has Dravidian Architecture styles and visitors can see the god in resting form on large Sesha Naga. The temple even has some other gods such as Lord Ram, Lord Narasimha, Lord Lakshman, and so on.
4. Shahji Temple
Shahji Temple is a holy place in Vrindavan that became popular due to its magnificent construction styles. Dedicated to Lord Krishna, it allows religious devotees to get the blessings of god in awesome environment.
5. Radha Gokulnanda Temple
Radha Gokulnanda is best and peaceful temple for devotees to experience immense purity in an environment. The temple holds great customs of Lord Krishna devotees.
You may also like to read: – Top 5 Richest temple in India
Travel tips to Vrindavan
- Since the city is a holy place, it is advisable for both men and women to wear traditional clothes while visiting the temples. They should know the local tradition and culture before planning a trip to a temple.
- Vrindavan is home to several temples and tourists can get the details from local tourist guides which ultimately help to plan a trip accordingly. Rickshaws are also available for travellers and they can rent them when they like to visit important temples.
- The tap water in Vrindavan is dangerous to drink that can cause severe health issues to a large extent.
- Vrindavan is well-connected by air, road, and train networks allowing visitors to reach the place with ease. Agra airport is just 70 km away from the city.
- Tourists should take care of themselves from monkeys while visiting temples because they will steal anything.
- It is advisable to carry the valuables safely while making a trip to the town. This, in turn, gives ways to prevent thefts and other problems in advance.
- Tourists shouldn’t travel alone in crowded places to prevent pickpocketing and other problems.
- Visitors should protect their valuables including documents in hotels that can help to schedule a trip according to needs.
- Hindi is the primary language spoken in Vrindavan and visitors should learn the basics for communicating with the local people without any difficulties.
- Travellers can approach local tourist offices for knowing more about the temples in detail while making a trip.
- Being a pilgrimage centre, the restaurants in the city only offer vegetarian foods for devotees at the best prices.
- Tourists should fix their itinerary properly while making a trip to the city enabling them to experience more satisfaction.
- Travellers should follow the local laws before planning their trip to the city that can help to minimize complications.
- There are several ashrams located in the city allowing tourists to practice mediation and other spiritual activities in a comfortable environment.
Where to stay in Vrindavan?
Vrindavan is a pilgrimage place and there are no luxury hotels available for travellers. On the other hand, tourists can choose budget hotels in Vrindavan which exactly fulfil their costs and expectations. They even provide modern amenities for guests enabling them to ensure a better accommodation.