Do you often find yourself confused about job choices in this rapidly changing digital world? Well, the digital world can be quite daunting with new technological interventions coming up every day. However, if you are looking for a course to help you triumph over the digital world, we have one for you!
Master of Computer Application also known as an MCA is a two-year, AICTE approved post-graduate program provided by universities and colleges for students who wish to dive deeper into the digital world of computer application development with the help of learning modern programming languages.
This program is a combination of both theoretical and practical knowledge. An MCA degree provides students with an opportunity to work with tools meant to develop better and faster applications. In this article, we are going to tell you all about a Master of Computer Application.
Eligibility criteria for a Master in Computer Application
The eligibility criteria for a Master in Computer Application require you:
- To have graduation in BCA/B.Com/B.Sc/BA
- To have passed 10+2 with mathematics as a subject
- Some colleges may also require you to have a minimum of 50% marks in your graduation
Specialisations in a Master of Computer Application
If you are an MCA aspirant, you can choose from the following specializations:
- Application Software
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Systems Management
- Systems Development
- Systems Engineering
- Software Development
Job Opportunities for an MCA graduate
There is no lack of lucrative job opportunities for MCA graduates. With a Master’s in computer application along with the right amount of relevant work experience, and skill set, you can easily find great job opportunities in leading IT firms (both private and government) across India and abroad. Some of the top job profiles include:
- Business Analyst: As a Business Analyst, you will be required to work with organisations to help them improve their systems and processes.
- App Developer: As an App Developer, you will have to create and test applications designed for electronic computing devices.
- Ethical Hacker: An Ethical Hacker makes authorized attempts to obtain unauthorized access to a computer system, application, or data.
- Web Designer or Developer: As a Web Designer, you will be required to design the design, usability, and appearance of a website. On the other hand, as a Web Developer, you will be required to build and maintain the basic structure of a website.
- Technical Writer: As a Technical Writer, you will have to prepare instruction manuals and articles with the centralgoal to communicate complicated, technical information easily.
Top 3 Colleges for a Master of Computer Application
Here are some colleges that offer a great return on investment on a Master of Computer Application degree in the form of not only placement opportunities, but also exposure:
- Noida Institute of Engineering and Technology (NIET Noida)
NIET Noida offers a 2 year long Master in Computer Application in collaboration with Sunstone Eduversity, which is one of the leading placement catalysts in the industry. Besides having 400+ recruiters on board, there is also an option for Pay After Placement. Through this payment model, you can choose to pay the course fee at NIET Noida only after securing a placement. As a result, you can enjoy a hassle free experience while being financially independent!
- Christ University, Bangalore
Christ is one of the most renowned private universities in India with an outstanding connection with the industry. In a span of two years, you have to pay 3 Lakhs as course fee excluding living and other expenses. A survey conducted by the India Today group ranked the institute as the top college for a Master of Computer Application in India.
Furthermore, the placement records at the institute are excellent, with top recruiters in the software industry hiring candidates from Christ.
- Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT)
KIIT is one of the top private institutes for a Master of Computer Application in India with a great academic environment and a beautiful, green campus. The fee at KIIT is relatively higher but it is a desired destination for several companies when it comes to hiring freshers.
Due to the institute’s strong professional orientation, there are numerous opportunities for interning with top companies. Like NIET Noida, you can trust KIIT to make you an industry-ready professional.
You must remember that employment opportunities are significantly higher if you graduate from a top institute. While all graduates of a Master of Computer Application find good employment, those from top colleges bag higher positions.
So, you should always make it a point to keep your head above the water and grab on to all information that is important and central to your future!