Don’t forget the Liberty
“For we are unable to but converse the points which we have observed and heard.” (Acts 4:20)
Wednesday, June 8th is the 55th anniversary of the attack on the USS Liberty and it will probably appear and go devoid of a one word getting claimed about it by any politician or media talking head. There will be handful of, if any, content articles showing up in nationwide newspapers, no coverage by cable information retailers, and absolutely no acknowledgment by the White House. In actuality, couple of outside the group of survivors who are nonetheless alive nowadays, their people and close friends, and those people curious ample to actually investigate earth affairs, will pay back any head at all to the 34 U.S. servicemen killed or the 171 wounded that working day.
The ongoing censorship that has ongoing for above 5 decades is a lingering center finger to each individual U.S. serviceman on obligation aboard the Liberty that sunny day in 1967. Why is the American community held ignorant of this sordid affair? Who’s interested in suppressing a tale of American heroism? The respond to to these queries could be found in a candid statement created by former Senator J. William Fulbright for the duration of an visual appearance on CBS’ Face the Country (Apr. 15, 1973), ‘‘Israel controls the U.S Senate. The Senate is subservient, significantly too a lot we should be additional anxious about U.S pursuits instead than accomplishing the bidding of Israel. The great majority of the Senate of the U.S. – somewhere all-around 80% – is absolutely in help of Israel everything Israel desires, Israel gets.” Ditto for the MSM — and this dire problem has only proliferated because 1973.
“Israel purposely and intentionally attacked the U.S.S. Liberty” – Dean Rusk, former U.S. Secretary of State
On June 8th, 1967, all over 2:00 pm, Israeli fighter jets attacked the clearly determined and unarmed USS Liberty (a reconnaissance ship) with rockets and cannon fire though it sailed in global waters north of the Sinai Peninsula. It was a obvious working day and the ship was flying a massive American flag so there was no opportunity of its identity becoming mistaken. Additionally, the Israelis experienced been surveilling Liberty all morning, frequently traveling about at minimal altitudes and photographing the ship and her crew. Audio recordings of Israeli communications built that day establish they were thoroughly mindful of the predicament. Pilot: “This is an American ship. I can see the flag. Do you continue to want us to attack?” Ground Command: “Yes, follow orders. Strike it!…Finish the career.”
As soon as the jets experienced finished their original bombardment, America’s ‘greatest ally’ dropped napalm bombs on deck and despatched in torpedo boats hoping to provide the demise blow to the doomed vessel. 5 torpedoes were fired, a single of which struck the ship at the waterline killing 22 sailors down below deck. Exhibiting their infamous disregard for International Legislation, the Israelis jammed the ship’s radio communications and machine-gunned the lifetime rafts as crewmen onboard the Liberty attempted to escape the flagitious onslaught.
Israel perpetrated the assault with the intent to sink the ship and blame it on Gamal Nasser’s Egypt, hoping to facilitate American engagement in Israel’s conflict with the Arab state. It was a traditional wrong-flag operation — a casus belli — that calls to intellect what Mossad agent Victor Ostrovsky said was the motto of the company: “Through deception, thou shalt do war.”
However for Israel, the Liberty, though really badly harmed, managed to keep afloat and its courageous crew was equipped to rig up an antennae, transmit a distress signal pinpointing the attackers and request help from the Mediterranean Sixth Fleet all although dodging bullets, tending to the wounded and preventing napalm fires on deck. These heroic actions, executed less than considerable duress, prevented the Zionist condition from getting capable to blame the assault on Egypt as meant and probable saved American soldiers from getting sent off to fight and die in Israel’s war (something they have been undertaking repeatedly given that 2001).
Staying caught crimson-handed unsuccessful to create anything resembling an proper American response and Israel merely chalked it up as a easy case of mistaken identification, made a several payoffs, and all was forgiven and forgotten by most who ended up not victims of the murderous assault. Congress has never ever opened an investigation.
‘It was a person of the classic American deal with-ups….Why would our federal government place Israel’s passions forward of our very own?’– Joint Chiefs of Workers Admiral Thomas Moorer
The aftermath of the assault was plagued by authorities include-up and media silence that proceeds to this working day.
William McGonagle, the Liberty’s commanding officer, won the Congressional Medal of Honor for his heroism, yet the Washington Submit ran no tale about it and President Johnson (an active participant in the address-up who 2 times re-named U.S. fighter jets deployed to assistance the besieged Liberty) not only didn’t allow for the ceremony to choose position at the White House, he did not even show up to current the award! The gutless traitor Johnson went so considerably as to contact the Israelis beforehand to make absolutely sure they did not have a dilemma with the award remaining offered and the award didn’t even detect Israel as the attacker! U.S. Naval Officer Lt. James Ennes Jr., a survivor of the assault, later wrote a book about it called Assault on the Liberty, in which he uncovered in excellent element how the assault was certainly premeditated and designed to sink the ship when killing everyone on board. Israel responded by indicating that Ennes was anti-Semitic!
While this unwarranted attack could simply have been witnessed as a provocation for war, not a single matter was accomplished about it by the American government. In point, the exorbitant quantities of revenue allocated to Israel subsequently skyrocketed to outrageous concentrations and carries on to do so to this working day. In 2022, American taxpayers are on the hook to Israel for around $10 million every single working day! What do we have to clearly show for it?
A long time of Treachery
“Israeli spies have carried out far more hurt and have harmed the United States much more than the intelligence brokers of all other nations around the world on earth combined….They are the gravest menace to our nationwide stability.” – Admiral Bobby Inman, Fmr. Deputy Director of the CIA
The assault on the Liberty is not an isolated incident of Israeli treachery. On the opposite, ‘little Israel’ has created a practice of thumbing its nose at the major, negative American behemoth. Take into account the following:
- In 2005, Israel’s President Moshe Katsav officially honored the surviving agents of the ‘Lavon Affair’ who were tasked with blowing up American and British institutions (cinemas, universities, libraries, article offices, and so forth.) in Egypt in the 1950’s with the intention of blaming it on the Muslim Brotherhood and connected Egyptian teams. President Katsav awarded the brokers with certificates of appreciation.
- In December of 2020, Jonathan Pollard, one particular of the most harmful spies at any time to betray America, landed safely in Israel immediately after serving 30 a long time of a life sentence for spying on The united states at the behest of the Zionist point out. He was transported to Israel on Sheldon Adelson’s private jet and was afforded a hero’s welcome on his return wherever he was greeted on the tarmac by an elated Benjamin Netanyahu who advised the spy “Welcome residence.”
- On a number of instances Israeli agents have been caught thieving nuclear components from America for use in Israel’s key and unlawful nuclear application. In 1968, Mossad tremendous-agent Rafi Eitan stole more than 300 kg of extremely-enriched uranium from the NUMEC plant in Apollo, Pennsylvania though posing as a chemist. He was assisted in the heist by Zalman Shapiro and Abraham Bendor. Later on, in the 1980’s, Eitan and billionaire Hollywood mogul Arnon Milchan collaborated on an procedure involving the smuggling of 800 superior-run gas-stuffed switches called krytrons from America to Israel to be made use of for the enhancement of nuclear triggers. The krytrons were acquired from American company EG&G by Milchan’s entrance business, MILCO Worldwide Inc., and illegally diverted to one more firm he owned in Israel known as Heli-Investing Ltd. Even though up to his eyes in the intrigue, Milchan would evade justice. Robert Windren of NBC Information reported in July of 2001 that “the unwillingness of Israeli officers to cooperate with U.S. investigators on the circumstance, left federal authorities not able to commence.” (Benjamin Netanyahu was an worker of Milchan’s Heli-Buying and selling at the time.)
- In 1983, a truck packed with explosives rolled into the U.S. Marine barracks positioned in Beirut Worldwide Airport and detonated, killing 241 Marines. In his e-book By Way of Deception, previous Mossad operative Victor Ostrovsky tells how Nahum Admoni, Mossad’s director at the time, realized very particular particulars of the bomb plot in advance of it transpired, which includes the exact time and spot of detonation, but selected only to move obscure facts to the Us citizens that would be ineffective in avoiding it. (Equivalent occasions of Israeli foreknowledge abound in the 9/11 saga.) Israeli journalist Ronen Bergman reveals in his 2018 best-advertising ebook Rise and Destroy To start with: The Magic formula Record of Israel’s Qualified Assassinations that Israel’s Main of Team Rafael Eitan executed quite a few false-flag atrocities in Lebanon applying automobile and truck bombs all through this specific period as head of a group named Entrance for the Liberation of Lebanon from Foreigners. “The aim was to trigger chaos…in Lebanon, with out leaving an Israeli fingerprint…”
- Israel is well-known for spying on The us. In a 2014 posting for Newsweek, journalist Jeff Stein, wrote: ”American counter-intelligence officials informed associates of the Home Judiciary and Foreign Affairs committees at the conclusion of January that Israel’s existing espionage functions in The usa are ‘unrivaled and unseemly,’ heading far beyond the pursuits of other near allies.” As just lately as 2019 Israel was caught spying on the Trump White Dwelling applying digital units acknowledged as ‘StingRays.’ A Washington report on the subject disclosed that Israel experienced wiretapped the White Dwelling and other really secured regions in Washington DC. In accordance to three U.S. officers interviewed for the report, the StingRays have been applied to spy on President Trump and his closest aides.
- In the spring of 2003, Israel murdered 23-year previous U.S. citizen Rachel Corrie though she protested the destruction of Palestinian homes at the Rafah refugee camp. Rachel, a native of Washington Point out, was repeatedly run about by an armored Caterpillar D9 bulldozer operated by a soldier of the Israeli Protection Forces (IDF). An Israeli courtroom exonerated the military services and dominated that what had transpired was an incident for which Rachel herself was accountable. They even accused her of ‘protecting terrorists,’ although the property she died shielding was that of a Palestinian medical doctor. Predictably, the pathetic U.S. authorities kept silent about the shameful affair. [Israeli troops have since murdered U.S. citizens Furkan Dogan (2010) and Catholic journalist Shireen Akleh (2022). The response from the perpetually outraged international community? Zilch.]
None of this need to arrive as a surprise. Israel is a country launched on terrorism. In 1974, journalist Russell Warren Howe interviewed Menachem Start out and questioned him how it felt to be recognized as the father of terrorism in the Middle East. Start abruptly replied, “In the Middle East? In all the planet!”
Menachem Get started was head of the Irgun when the team bombed the King David Resort (Britain’s administrative headquarters) in 1946 even though disguised as Arabs. 91 men and women have been killed. However, the self-proclaimed ‘father of planet terrorism’ would go on to come to be prime minister and get a Nobel Peace Prize in 1978. (Benjamin Netanyahu caused a stir when he attended a two-working day anniversary celebration of the bombing with previous users of the Irgun in 2006 when he was prime minister. The Irgun terror group was a forerunner to Netanyahu’s Likud celebration.)
Which brings us back to the USS Liberty.
The functions retailed earlier mentioned put compensated to the lie that the attack on the USS Liberty was someway an incident. To advise or else betrays a profound deficiency of being familiar with about America’s ‘special ally’ in the Center East. Why doesn’t any person in our government or media have the guts to stand up and simply call out Israel for its treachery? Conservative pundits have no qualms about criticizing any federal government in the earth, which includes their individual, but each time any criticism is directed to Israel these 1A-thumpers immediately shape-shift into the irrational liberals they assert to oppose, shamefully resorting to hackneyed pejoratives like ‘anti-semite’ and ‘hate speech’ to stifle discussion. This is intolerable and goes towards every little thing The us stands for. It’s up to us to do the job that our politicians and media refuse to do. Simply because of AIPAC bucks and sophisticated blackmail operations like individuals done by Epstein and Maxwell, it would be silly to expect any revelations of Israeli perfidy to quickly emanate from Washington or the MSM. We the Persons need to uphold and defend our cherished American values by talking real truth to electric power and spreading information with our fellow countrymen no subject how unpopular it may perhaps be. Fact doesn’t worry scrutiny, nor can it be hateful. These who propose in any other case are brokers of paralysis obstructing the progression of human knowing. It is our duty as patriots to pursue the truth anywhere it qualified prospects. We owe it to ourselves, our region, and to all the forgotten victims of point out-sanctioned terror, specially the three hundred heroes aboard the USS Liberty on June 8, 1967.