It is estimated that one in four women will experience a pregnancy loss at some point in their lives. While the experience is often shrouded in secrecy and taboo, it is a surprisingly common occurrence.
For those who have experienced a pregnancy loss, the grief can be all-consuming. It can be difficult to find the words to express what you are feeling. But know that you are not alone.
We have compiled a list of the best pregnancy loss quotes to help you heal. These quotes come from a variety of sources, including other mothers who have experienced pregnancy loss, celebrities, and even ancient philosophers.
Best Pregnancy Loss Quotes
1. “Grief can be a burdensome companion but it can also be the sharpest teacher.” – Oprah Winfrey
2. “The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.” – John Green
3. “What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.” – Helen Keller
4. “There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery.” – Dante Alighieri
5. “To lose one parent may be regarded as a misfortune; to lose both looks like carelessness.” – Oscar Wilde
6. “There are no happy endings. Endings are the saddest part, so just give me a happy middle and a very happy start.” – Shel Silverstein
7. “There is no pain so great as the memory of joy in present grief.” – Aeschylus
8. “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
9. “What does not destroy me, makes me stronger.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
10. “The heart that has truly loved never forgets.” – Thomas Carlyle
11. “There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.” – C.S. Lewis
12. “When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
13. “Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.” – Rumi
14. “The way to heal from a loss is to let yourself feel the pain fully and completely.” – Oprah Winfrey
15. “There is no death, only a change of worlds.” – Chief Seattle
16. “What is to give light must endure burning.” – Viktor Frankl
17. “The darkness comes and the light goes out. I sit in the blackness waiting for the spark that will ignite the fire in my soul.” – Paulo Coelho
18. “On the night of death, hope sees a star, and listening to love can hear the rustle of a wing.” – Phillips Brooks
19. “There is a land of the living and a land of the dead, and the bridge is love, the only survival, the only meaning.” – Thornton Wilder
20. “Death is not the opposite of life, but a part of it.” – Haruki Murakami
21. “Grief is the price we pay for love.” – Queen Elizabeth II
22. “The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not ‘get over’ the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will heal and you will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to.” – Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
23. “To have loved and lost is better than to have never loved at all.” – St. Augustine
24. “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” – Mahatma Gandhi
25. “I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are evil.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
26. “Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.” – Matthew 5:4
27. “He who has gone, so we cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, nay, more present than the living man.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
28. “Though nothing can bring back the hour Of splendor in the grass, of glory in the flower; We will grieve not, rather find Strength in what remains behind.” – William Wordsworth
29. “When you are sorrowful, look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.” – Kahlil Gibran
30. “Do not despise death, but be well content with it, since this too is one of Nature’s works.” – Marcus Aurelius
31. “In the World through which I travel, I am endlessly creating myself.” – Frida Kahlo
If you have experienced a pregnancy loss, know that you are not alone. The quotes above are just a small sampling of the many wise and compassionate things that have been said about grief.
Allow yourself to grieve in whatever way feels right for you. Lean on your support system. And know that, in time, the pain will lessen and you will heal.
Some Similar Content:
World environment day quotes , stephen curry quotes , spiritual awakening quotes , Simone Biles Quotes , naruto wallpaper , quentin tarantino quotes , world no tobacco day 2022 quotes , richard branson quotes , quotes about domestic violence , quotes about winning