If you are getting ready to have your bathroom renovated, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind. Bathroom renovations require a professional service to complete them to the highest standards.
Here is a handy checklist to help you get the most from your bathroom renovation.
- Budget – What you can achieve is determined by your renovation budget. Setting a budget will help in making better selections, even if you have the fortunate situation of renovating with an unrestricted budget – it’s a good idea to have something outlined. If you don’t stick to a budget, you’ll end up spending more than you planned because there are always unexpected charges. Any quote you receive should be at least 10% lower than your overall budget to account for this.
- Planning – Expect to spend up to four weeks on your project’s research, design, selection, and planning. If you’re a homeowner who wants to renovate between tenancies, you’ll need to start planning your project well before your tenants go. Depending on the scope of your bathroom renovation project, you should budget for one to four weeks to accomplish it.
- Permits – Ensure you’ve done your homework on the rules and regulations governing bathroom renovations in your area. This is especially important if you’re modifying the floorplan and making structural improvements, which would undoubtedly demand a permit.
- Licenses – In addition to their unique skills, tradespeople must hold licenses in the state in which they work. It is a legal requirement that a licensed professional do almost any job completed in your home. Check for insurance too.
- Demolition – While you might not be doing any of the demolition yourself, you must factor in the dirt and dust that might be travelling through your home. To protect your other rooms, ensure that you have ordered coverings for the floors and furniture in the rest of your home. While professional revelation companies are as clean as possible, debris is likely.
- Design – If you are working with a renovation company with a designer to hand or a range of styles, be sure to choose the one you like. Pay attention to things like the bath and shower shape and depth. The basin has a countertop integration, the toilet, and even the tapware. These small details are what make your bathroom, so spend some time choosing the right ones for you.
- Project management – Some people like to be hands-on with their bathroom renovation, while others prefer to manage the project by a professional team. Decide in advance what is more beneficial to you as the project progresses.
- Delays – Sometimes, there will be delays and issues that no one expected. It is essential to factor this possibility into your plans. Understanding that these things can happen will make it much easier to cope with.
As your bathroom renovation begins to take shape, you will need to keep in mind that it is often a job that takes more than a few days to complete. Your bathroom renovation was made easy with the short checklist above.