Can I Link Aadhar Card with My PAN?
The Supreme Court has permitted connecting of PAN with Aadhaar while perusing out its decision on the established legitimacy of Aadhaar. The zenith court likewise said that Aadhaar is an absolute necessity to document an annual expense form (ITR) and to apply for another PAN.
According to the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) notice dated September 28, 2019, the cutoff time to connect PAN with Aadhaar has been reached out to December 31, 2019. Prior, the cutoff time to connect the equivalent was September 30.
Different Ways To Link PAN With Aadhaar
- There are two different ways through which you can interface PAN and Aadhaar. These are:
- Through the Income Tax e-filing website
- Visit Income Tax Site
- Give the PAN, Aadhaar number, and name as referenced in the Aadhaar card
- Tick the square if just the birth year in referenced in the Aadhaar card
- Enter the Captcha code. (Outwardly tested clients can demand an OTP rather than the captcha code. The OTP will be sent on the enlisted versatile number)
- Click on the ‘Connection Aadhaar’ button.
- Sending an SMS to 567678 or 56161
One can link the PAN with the Aadhaar number by sending an SMS to 567678 or 56161 from the registered mobile number. To do so, you need to type UIDPAN<12-digit Aadhaar><10-digit PAN> and send it.
Importance Of Linking Of PAN Card With Aadhaar Card
The significance comes in the way that both the identity proofs are necessary for registration purposes and the linking prevents:
- Tax Evasion
- Multiple PAN Cards