For a child, it is very important to have mother’s milk. So, mothers might be worried about producing enough milk for their babies. Nowadays the low supply of breast milk can be a real issue. So the mothers need to solve this problem by having galactagogues food that can help in improving the quality bad quantity of the breast milk. There are some supplements available in the market that helps in improving breastmilk. But it is highly recommended to have the foods to increase breastmilk in the body.
Here is the list of food that helps in increasing breastmilk. Let’s have a look at them.
- Fenugreek: Fenugreek also known as methi is one of the most effective lactogenic food. This food has been recommended by almost every Nani or dadi to the upcoming generations. all you need is to have 1 tablespoon of fenugreek seeds soaked in water. Take this before going to sleep and you will surely see a good amount of change in the supply of breastmilk.
- Ajwain: During pregnancy, you will find a lot of women complaining about gas and acidity problems. This problem continues post-pregnancy. So, for this, the best solution is ajwain, and even it is also lactogenic. The feeding woman needs to take just 1 tablespoon of ajwain and put it in the glass of water. Boil the water until the water absorbs the qualities of ajwain. The woman can sip this water throughout the day to get to see great results on the body.
- Shatavari: It is one of the most effective ayurvedic herbs that helps in the production of prolactin and corticoids in bulk. Both these are the hormones that not only improve the quality of breastmilk but also improve the quantity which is quite great.
- Cottage cheese: Cottage cheese or what we call a Paneer is one of the best sources from which the person can get enough protein. Most women in India struggle in having enough quantity of protein in the body. So, the production of milk might tend to decrease. If the woman has paneer in her everyday routine, it will improve the overall protein quality in the body.
- Garlic: Even garlic is a galactagogue, if you want to improve the milk supply, you can easily have this in a raw form. But don’t overdo it as the smell of garlic might still be present in the milk which the baby might not like.
These food are great for improving the breastmilk supply but you can also include oats, daliya, etc. in your daily routine. These are one of the most supper-effective foods that might help in maintaining a good supply of milk without having any other impact on the body. You can also take the help of the postnatal exercise that will help the women to stay in a good shape. The efforts of the new mom will be very beneficial for maintaining the good health of their babies in long run.